I always thought that making your own jam required a lot of time, hard work, and mason jars, but it turns out I couldn’t have been more wrong. If you want to make a small portion of jam that’ll be eaten over the course of a week, no sealed lids or fancy canning methods are necessary. All you need is some fresh fruit, a bit of lemon juice, and honey. Here, Meg from WhatsUpMoms shows us her favorite jam recipe that is sure to please even the pickiest palate. Simply combine all of your ingredients in a pot, simmer for 25 minutes, then puree in a food processor so it’s nice and smooth. Tomorrow’s breakfast just got a whole lot better!
– 1 lb chopped strawberries
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons honey (you may need more if strawberries aren’t sweet)
– dash of nutmeg is optional
1) In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine all ingredients. Simmer of VERY low heat for about 25 minutes. Use the back of a wooden spoon to smash the strawberries along the way.
2) Remove from stove. Puree in a food processor to get rid of big clumps. Cool and store in the glass container. Keeps for about a week.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”